Friday, December 24, 2010

This Wonderful Time of Year

The world is a wonderful place, despite all the suffering, terror and loneliness.  My little problems with this world certainly don't amount to a hill of beans considering this glorious creation we live on.

Earth is filled with.... amazingness.  From the roaring of waves against a rocky coast, to huge chasms filled with mysterious nothingness.  From the creatures of the deep sea and the desert lands, to the silent night broken by a baby's cry.  A baby who came into this world to grow and live and die.  For me.  Okay, for you too.

This is the reason for our celebrations this time of year.  Even though we live in a world with evil, I know that I will be with Jesus one day and that the evil will be overcome.

I am scared to say that out loud, because I know many people think it's crazy to believe in my God.  But right now, it doesn't matter.  Thank you Lord for my life with You.

 Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. amen to that! and not only will we be with Jesus but we already are, thanks to the Comforter, now isn't that wonderful? thanks God!

    Sometimes at this time of year I feel sad because it is so hard for many people, and animals too, but it is just a reminder to spread some love and light around in whatever ways possible. Every drop ripples through the pond, so to speak.

    Merry Christmas to you all too!

    ReplyDelete