Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time when America makes our resolutions for the forthcoming year.  I have a few regulars.... I want to be closer to God.  I want to drink more water and less Starbucks.  And I want to be positive, period.

That says a lot about my state in this world, I think, when a resolution of mine is to drink more water.  Perhaps it should be to be grateful for the water which so abundantly flows from my tap.  And for my God.  How can I feel so negative when I have all these positives?

Do you have any resolutions?  I heard the "Hollywood" thing to say is that you don't have any resolutions.  But that's totally Hollywood....they have everything figured out.  The rest of the world I'm sure has a couple of things they'd like to change about themselves.  Besides the regulars I've listed above, I have one in particular....to not be so worried about others' perceptions of me, to not feel so vulnerable.  I don't really think I'll ever get over that one, but it's still a goal nonetheless.



In the coming year SoapBoxers hopes to tackle the problems with food stamps, antibacterials, and a few other topics I'm not recalling at the moment, but still bother us when we encounter them.  If you have any topics which you wish were nonexistent, let me know.  I will contemplate them, post them and add all of our thoughts.

Happy New Year.  I sincerely wish 2011 is filled with love and laughter.  You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment