Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Block Printing We Will Go





I have found my new hobby-to-be!  That is, if I ever get a chance to hobby.  But I will, by golly!


Block printing is it.  And it's absolutely fun.  And even more importantly- it's fun!

Of course I learned to block print in art class.  Still learning actually.  We carve any images onto blocks that I believe are made of rubber, then ink and press them.  So simple.  The best part about it?  The students who have stinky art skills, generally speaking, in this class had better printed images than those who are so good they shouldn't even be in a non-art student course.  Yep, that means my prints are way cool.  =)

My Carving and Print




   Good Times!


   I ♥ Block 
  Printing!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THEM!! Those are super pretty! Enjoy it to the fullest, seems like these days we are so limited on doing anything fun anymore because we so 'busy'. Its so important to take time for yourself and do something that brings a smile to your face. I absolutely love reading your blog, its fun to hop into your shoes and see the world through your eyes! =)

    ReplyDelete