Monday, April 18, 2011

Running vs. Singing

Some of you may know that I run a little.  Very little, but still some.  I did manage to train and run a half marathon once.  It was hard.  Running takes a lot out of you..  What could be harder?                                                                        
I'll tell you what.... it's singing.

I use my running muscles everyday.  But I'm beginning to think I've never used my singing muscles a day in my life.  Did you know that you have to use your hoo-hah, not use your head and be able to exhale for like ten minutes straight- from your belly, not your lungs?


I know though, if I can run (almost) 13.1 miles, I can get a hang of this thing.  It's my secret little secret, singing well is.  I've wanted it ever since that heartbreaking day many years ago when my Sunday school teacher made a blatant implication that I stunk at it.  So I must do it.  And do it I shall.

Even though it's harder than I had thought, it's incredibly fun.  It helps that my coach is such wonderful company.  You da bomb, Kelli!  Ka-blooey!!










I'd ♥ to Sing Well! Well enough that people want to listen. 





4 comments:

  1. No - You're the bomb!!! I LOVE teaching you and hanging out with you - and YOU WILL GET THIS!! You are getting so much better each time! You're an absolutely wonderful student and I am so glad that you are patient with me! :) We make a great pair!

    KelliB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would have mentioned this in Okinaway! I could have given you lessons! Then we could have gone to Dona Maria or Obbilgato and gotten crazy full on Japanese Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME....you have grown SO much--spiritually, emotionally, and with the running-physically. You are such an inspiration! To read how you are doing something that is, especially to me, intimidating, is so uplifting and wonderful to see!! I hope you know that you are an exceptional person and again, I know Ive said it before, but, I love, love, LOVE reading your blog!!
    ~millie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that .. you ARE an inspiration, doing things that take tons of self confidence and having a blast at it. It's enough to make me want to run! or sing! :)

    ReplyDelete