Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wine Rack from Pallet

My friend has a neighbor who makes things from pallets.  How cool is that?  He made a fantastic wine rack for her.  A HUGE wine rack- he must think she drinks a lot. :)  Gorgeous as it was, she decided she wanted some paint on that baby.  Neutral was the only direction I had, color-wise.  I like the pop that vibrant colors give, but I had to this for her, not me, so the piece is painted in Annie Sloan's Country Grey.  Though I did sneak in some color underneath with Annie Sloan's Old Violet.  :)





Check out the process below.



1. Wine rack upon arrival.  Did a quick sand job, but left it a bit rough.


2. Used a wash of Old Violet on the entire piece.
3. Washed Country Grey over the Old Violet.



4. Close up of the two washes together.

5. The stencil I had envisioned was made differently than I anticipated,
( by a local lady who makes vinyl pieces),
so I needed to repaint the portion which would have the phrase on it.
6. Placed the vinyl on the wine rack.


7.  Covered the entire plank of wood in another wash of Country Grey.
8. Lifted the vinyl.
9. Sanded down the phrase to match the rustic look of the rest of the piece



10. Coated the entire piece in a thin layer of wax.
Enough to give it a finish, yet leave it still unaffected.
  The final piece.  Love the rustic, beachy feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment