Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Running Weirdo

Just so you guys know other people out there have weird, uncomfortable, or awkward moments while running, I'm posting some of mine.  What's that you say?  You don't have weird moments?   Well, let's pretend that you do so I'll feel better about myself.

I run like a weirdo.  I've actually had friends laugh at the way I run.  But I don't know how else to do it, so I just keep going.  In the above photo, I can see that I have monkey arms, which dangle like feather earrings.

See those little red bumps on my neck?  Those are tiny vessels of massive itchy-ness.  I break out into these little hives if I push myself hard.  If I push extra hard, those little bumps explode into all out streaky hives.  I asked my doctor about it and he said "It's not normal, but it won't hurt you."  Again, I don't know what else to do, so I just keep on running. 

I've also stumbled many times.  Fortunately I don't have a picture of that, so far.  I can't remember falling yet, but almost falling is just as embarrassing.  It always happens as two are three cars are passing; I think just to make matters worse.





I ♥ Other People's Awkward Moments!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Listen, every once in a while my husband breaks out in a weird rash when he runs for too long... not really the bumps like that but red, itchy and stinging all over like! SO WEIRD---- his doctor doesn't know what it is either! And p.s. I wrote a post once on the correct running form... it really takes practice, and you have to focus on changing one thing at a time. But in the end it helps. If you aren't getting injured or having an pain from how you run then honestly I wouldn't worry about changing anything though!

    ALSO I wanted to tell you I am hosting a giveaway for the Shine Project today. It is a really cute custom necklace, so you should check it out and enter! The Shine Project Giveaway

    Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete